L'Uzège - Pont du Gard
The Syndicat Mixte du PETR Uzège Pont du Gard comprises 49 communes – the 32 communes in the Pays d’Uzès Community of Communes and the 17 communes in the Pont du Gard Community of Communes – all with a shared mission.
694,000 hectares II 53,000 inhabitants II 73.3 inhabitants per km² II 28,000 homes II 15,750 jobs
Syndicat mixte = joint body made up of various public authorities of different types
PETR facts & figures
In addition to the shared mission, approved at the PETR level, the Uzège Pont de Gard PETR collaborates with neighbouring territories in order to work at the living and employment area level, whether as part of the SCoT* or the LEADER project.
The territory is adjacent to three Gard SCoT, one Gard-Vaucluse SCoT, one Bouches-du-Rhône SCoT, two Gard LAGs and one Bouches-du-Rhône LAG.
There are three other LEADER territories in the Gard department: the Cevennes LAG, vidourles-camargue LAG and Garrigue-Costières de Nîmes LAG.
Among other things, the territory boasts a rich cultural and historical heritage:
- 1 UNESCO-listed monument: the Pont du Gard;
- 1 commune with the Art et Histoire [Art and History] label: Uzès;
- 1 commune with the Métiers d’Art [Craft Trades] label: Saint Quentin la Poterie;
- 1 commune with the Village de Caractère [Picturesque Villages] label: Lussan.
* SCoT= schéma de cohérence territoriale: territorial coherence programme